Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shaky times on the ice...

I don't know what to say. I don't know what to make of it.

As folks know, I write for the Metaverse Messenger as a columnist and occasional correspondent. It's publisher is Katt Kongo (of Rose From Ash Productions) and it's main editor is Phoenix Psaltery. The M2 covers Second Life, and bills itself as "A real newspaper for a virtual world."

Word comes in via the Linden Blog on March 31st that the SL forums will have a new person, Katt Linden, to man the helm and control them along with volunteers. Okay, kinda suspicious... but the silo's of salt I have on hand for the next day are nicely stocked.

April 1st comes in. Rick Rolling seems to be the theme, although there's a nice mash-up of Beaker from the Muppets to Rick Ashley's "Never going to give up on you". It's not half bad, but you've probably seen it. I kinda like that, actually -- I'd like my Rick Rolling to be enjoyable. Blunts things nicely. Ether way, I'm mostly offline...

...and when I hit the internal communications, I get a confusing combination of two plans of pulling my leg... enough that I'm currently a hextaur now so I can stay standing up.

Did P2 just get fired?
Did Katt get hired by Linden Labs?
Is my new boss Phil Rosendale?

...is my move to mirror my articles a good thing, in this mess?

I'll know more tomorrow, April 2nd. From there, I put my reporter hat on one more time, and start making inquiries.

2 comments:

Phoenix Psaltery said...

lolwut?

Unknown said...

P2 is not fired. No comment on the other two. :P